Friday, September 16, 2011

We mean ANYTHING!!








Leave it someone that I know to bring me something CRAZY like a rusty old (but totally cool) refrigerator door. A good ole gal I know brought this to me to paint so that she would have something to hang her children's artwork/school work since all her appliances are stainless steel and magnets will not stick. (Great idea BTW) Thankfully I was not at home when she dropped it off, so I didn't have to put on my professional face while inside thinking "what in the world am I going to do with that!!"






Soooo...first things first.....regular primer was NOT going to cut it this time. Off to the automotive store I went to pick up a can of filling primer (helps fill where the rust has eaten holes in the metal)




A lovely smooth coat of grey car primer








Then we went with a brownish-orangish color which turned out to be WAY TO BRIGHT!! So I decided I would dust it with a decent coat of chocolate brown.


(Up Close)



So much better!!

Then came the "TIGER" stripes. (It is for boys so we can not go zebra because everybody knows zebra is for girls and tigers are for boys!!)





Finished "door"............I must say I do love it!!









Save the JUNK,



Lana


































1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea for an old door! I love it!

    ReplyDelete